Here are the dates of the school buildings in Lockwood and the additions/upgrades/new structures completed each year.
1898 Sullivan School was built. Teachers wages were $60 per month.
1913— Four schools were built
Pine Hill School
1929 Central and Pine Hill were built with a $16,000 bond issue.
Various other additions have been added since 1950. The Construction History Map details all of this building with the year the work was done.
1950 Lockwood School (now the Intermediate Building) eight room school with a multipurpose room. $195,00
1954 Junior High Built $242,380
1954 $172,000 by a 175-0 vote to build a build a new elementary (now the Primary) and a junior high addition Opened January 4, 1956
– October 1956 Lockwood community population was estimated to be 1500.
1957 Food Service and Central Administration area was built (present cafeteria, MacLab, Tech Offices)
1974 Sturdevant Gym, science classrooms, shop
1979 Blue Room, and classrooms that connect the Primary Building with the Intermediate Building
1999 present kitchen
2004 6 classrooms and Boys and Girls Club
2008 new (Eileen Johnson) Middle School
1 comment for “History of Lockwood School”