For Those interested, Here is some info for community members, business owners, citizens and anyone intersted in the future of Lockwood to be involved. Please feel free to participate and/or just listen.
Important organizational meeting for Lockwood community assessment with the Montana Economic Development Association (MEDA) —March 21, 2013, 4:00 PM Lockwood School Administration Building
Gloria O”Rourke of MEDA has been requested by the Lockwood Steering Committee to coordinate a community assessment for Lockwood. MEDA has been very successful in facilitating current, thorough and professional assessments of many Montana communities. While there have been similar assessments of Lockwood in the past, our community has grown and up-to-date data is needed. Such an assessment is necessary to qualify for future grant funding.
There is no cost for the assessment except for reimbursement of travel, lodging and meal expenses for 4-5 people.
The perceptions, attitudes and ideas for the future that the people who live and work in Lockwood have is an integral component of sound planning. A MEDA community assessment will provide the foundation for future planning, organization and development of Lockwood. It is our intention to answer fundamental questions regarding how people think about such things as:
- Organization of government- Maintenance of the status quo, incorporation or something else?
- Do we want our own High School?
- What will we do to develop and maintain a system of safe pedestrian and bicycle routes?
- How will we address housing issues-particularly low/moderate income housing and rental units?
- Health care- what do we want in Lockwood?
- Transportation and transit issues- what do we desire?
- Do we want a community center?
- Future development of commercial/industrial interests-do we want a voice in this?
- What other issues of importance are there for Lockwood people?
- How will developments be financed-what are we willing to pay? Will the establishment of a community development foundation be in order?
Many people have expressed their thoughts about these and many other issues in the past but—what is the consensus of opinion of all Lockwood residents? To get such an assessment organized we need help—lots of it.
We are asking for the involvement of Lockwood community leaders, such as yourself, to be part of our Resource Planning Team.
Please plan on attending this organizational meeting. If you are interested and cannot make it, let me know
Don Reed, Chairman
Lockwood Steering Committee
1 comment for “Lockwood Community Assessment and MEDA Info Meeting”